Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blinking All The Way to the Bank


It may be getting hard out there for a pimp, but don't tell that to Lakewood Church's Pastor and pop-psychology guru Joel Osteen. The Houston Chronicle reports today that Osteen's new book deal with Simon and Shuster is one of the most lucrative ever. Soon Osteen will be blinking and blinging away to the tune of at least 13 Million dollars of guaranteed up-front money.

You can certainly scratch a basketball arena full of itching ears for that kind of dough. As for the title of the upcoming book, there hasn't been any official word from Osteen's camp, but my money is on Your Utmost Very Bestest Life Now.

Apparently Osteen's wife, Victoria Osteen, will also be getting in on the publishing act soon. My sources tell me the topic of her book will deal with Air Travel Ettiquette.

6 comments:

Mark said...

oh man, crackin me up....that picture is perfect.

Ryan said...

I tried to find a real doozy of a picure to put up, this one seemed to fit the story. I sometimes picture him smiling, arms outstreched, eyes looking up to the sky....as $100 bills fall all around him.

Dustin said...

Let's do a survey. With JO's extra "G"s will he go after

A)Astrodome
B) Minute Maid Park
C) The Astroworld property
D) The entire city of H-Town

Ryan said...

Why stop with H-town? Mark, I would be on the look out up in DFW, your town could be next!

Mark said...

ah, even though we are well known as the "Belt-Buckle of The Bible Belt" (only Texans can think this kinda stuff up), we already have our share of flakes up here.

JO may go for Seattle, (another place I call home), only 3% ID as Christians in that area of the U.S.

Ryan said...

Theme Park? I haven't heard about that one yet Ryan. I'll check it out.