Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Saturday, October 29, 2005

3 + 4 definitely = 7


And he set me on fire and I'm burning alive. With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.

It's not everyday that David Crowder Band releases a new CD and comes to your town for the official "CD release party" which means free cds for all comers. It's also not everyday that a hurricane decides to come through your town (or, as it were, narrowly miss your town) and delay said event an entire month. Yes. Though Collision has been on the streets for over a month I have patiently abstained from buying or even listening to the new stuff always knowing a free cd was mine as long as I showed up at the rescheduled date. Well friends, last Monday was that day and it was good.

First, the show. Robbie Seay and Shane and Shane were the opening acts and my lovely wife(a huge Shane and Shane fan) and I were blown away. This just in--Shane Bernard has large pipes. Nuff' said. Go see him live.

Crowder was great, although he appeared to be wearing a halloween mask (seen above) the entire time. The mask consisted of teased up hair and thick glasses highlighted by a scraggly goatee. He must be one of those celebrities who doesn't like people knowing what he really looks like. In a place like Waco, you can't be too cautious.

Ok, ok, I'm getting to the good part. He opened with a new tune called Do Not Move and it really set the tone for an amazing show. Crowder was cracking jokes, playing a "keytar", and scaring small children throughout the night to, at times, thunderous applause.

I thought Come thou fount and Amazing Grace were quite wonderful early in the set and of course the kids were bouncing for Undignified. The other new songs DCB played live were, Rescue is coming, Foreverandever,You are my joy (my favorite of the set), and Here is our king .

It was a lovely night, although it's not my preference to drive out to the Woodlands on a Monday night. Then again, old age takes no prisoners.

If you don't own Collision yet, I suggest you go get it now. It has a great cover of Hank Williams' I saw the light . That should be enough for you.

Come and Listen.

No comments: