Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Close, but no cigar

I've often heard this cliche'. After last night I think I know what it means. I don't feel like getting into to it due to the severe ulcer growing in my stomach, but suffice it to say--never pull out the cigar with two outs in the ninth. It is a sure way to put the whammy on your hopes and dreams. I didn't catch the fellow's name, but I would guess he won't be pulling the hidden cigar trick again any time soon.

1 comment:

Todd Richards said...

So true, Ryan... so true. As some of my friends have said today - "Act like you've been here before." The 'Stros celebrated way too soon...