Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Back from the Dead


Ok kids, Ryno has returned with lots of great stories from the East Coast vacation, some of them are even true. There have been rumors floating around that Ryno is now permanently referring to himself in the third person, let me assure you, those rumors are fabrications of the ugliest stripe.

The no alarms crack staff is currently compiling material from my copious notes, diagrams, and various police reports from places like New Haven and Martha's Vineyard into what will eventually be must-read blog fare. There will come a day my friends, when those posts are made public for your enjoyment. Alas, that day is not today.

That's not to say I don't have something useful for you, so pay attention--I'll only say this once. There is a new artist named Phil Wickham who just released his major label debut, simply titled "Phil Wickham". I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this album since I heard an early preview of the single "Grace" about two months ago. The album lives up to the hype.

For those of you who haven't heard of Phil Wickham, his music reminds me of some of my favorite artists; Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Coldplay. This guy has large talent and at 21 years old, Dr. Jack Ramsay would say the kid has "tremendous upside potential". Check out this link at grassroots music to sample the album.

So far I'm really digging track #2 (Messiah) the most, but the entire album is a moving reflection of deeply personal worship and crying for God's will and forgiveness. You can get it on iTunes today. You heard it here first!

I'll be back with a series of posts and pics from vacation and the marathon. Until then, let the soothing tones of Phil Wickham tide you over.

7 comments:

Mark said...

well, well, welcome back! will check his music out, thanks.

Grace and peace,

Chris said...

I'm diggin his single so far...but I have yet to run out and buy this CD. I'll give it a listen from iTunes, and let you know what I think.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I am outting myself as a lurker by leaving this comment, but I wanted to say it is your fault I bought the whole album of Phil Wickham on Itunes and love it so much that I am driving Jeremy crazy listening to it.

Ryan said...

Ahh, a lurker no more. I'm glad you are enjoying the cd Jennifer. Hopefully Jeremy will warm up to it for the marriage's sake.

Dustin said...

dude, need..new...post....

Dustin said...

WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!

Mark said...

lookin' forward to you going public with the new material you mentioned.