Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Well, what can I say, it's great to be loved and wanted--at least by two very classy readers. I must be honest, my recent hiatus from blogging has been a result of a combination of out of town business trips, laziness, and lack of time (not necessarily in that order). Don't worry though, I'm not the Joel Bain type if you can smell what I'm stepping in (wink wink).

Tomorrow morning my superstar hot athlete wife and I are flying up to the unholy land of the Northeast USA. New York and Boston to be precise. We are looking forward to some good ole' fashion Howell-spitality this weekend and then its on to Beantown for the marathon on Monday. Just to be clear, my wife will be the one running and I'll be the one cheering. Please keep us in your prayers as we travel and also pray that Kathy has a great run and enjoys her dream of running in Boston. She has worked very hard to qualify for this race and persevered through many nagging injuries to get to this point. Yes, its true--I definitely married up.

We are also looking forward to seeing our favorite Lubbock-ite (now you can't say I never threw you a shout out!) as she will be joining us for the Boston Marathon Experience too. It should be a fantabulous weekend. I have never been to the Big Apple or to Boston and I'm very much looking forward to visiting ground zero and other such destinations (perhaps The Grand canyon or Mt. Rushmore, aren't they in NY?), but more importantly it will be good to hang out with long lost friends.

I'll more than likely be out of pocket most of next week while we are on vacation, but I'll be thinking about my darling readers while I'm gone and I promise to comeback strong with pictures and stories from the trip.

Hasta--Ryno

3 comments:

Mark said...

Glad you're back.

Even though I am directionally challenged, I think the Grand Canyon may put you out of the way a little. You'll be alot closer to Niagara Falls so that is my suggestion.

The Boston Marathon? Incredible.

I have done a few triathlons. Not the Iron Man...just the baby-mini ones. I think they are called something like 'Aluminum Foil Man' triathlons. :O)

Be safe.

We're prayiing for you.

Ryan said...

Thanks for the prayers Mark, I'm actually taking a trip to Rochester NY in June to be in a friend's wedding and we plan to go up to the falls then. I still haven't decided what size barrel I will need for the trip down the falls. I was only kidding about the grand canyon and mt. rushmore. I was taking a jab at how people from NY think that everything that is important is in NY. Peace.

Dustin said...

Dude, where are you???