Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Friday, March 02, 2007

Explosions in the Sky


As a huge fan of both the movie "Friday Night Lights" and the current TV drama of the same name, I just had to find out where they got all of their cool instrumental background music. Lo and behold, the source of the coolness behind both the movie and TV show is none other than Texas' own little band, Explosions in the Sky. I used up the better part of my $25 iTunes Christmas gift card scooping up two of their albums, the most current release, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone, and the 2001 release Those who Tell the truth Shall Die, Those who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever.
If you love catchy pop songs with easy to sing-along-to hooks, this is the wrong band for you. EINTS is entirely instrumental. I like to think of their music as background music for your life. If your life was a movie, these guys would be the soundtrack.
I won't bother to write three more sentences describing their sound or comparing them to similar bands. Frankly, their sound is pretty unique and I can't think of anyone to compare them to. Just go listen and tell me what you think in the comments thread.

No comments: