Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm OUT baby!


All right, all right, the constant pressure of living a lie has finally gotten the better of me. I can't, with good conscious, continue to hide the real me. I admit it, I'm a closet Dancing with the Stars fan. There, I said it...are you happy now? I bet you are.

I was around for the first season last Summer when the coveted title came down to Mr. Peterman vs. the lovely and talented (and did I mention lovely?)Kelly Monaco. There is something about ballroom dancing that just sizzles my bacon and I don't care if the world knows it.

The competition for the second season has been fairly intense with the early money riding on the famous long legs of WWE star Stacey Keibler. Soap star Lisa Rinna and K-list celebrity Drew Lachey are keeping things tight so far. By the way, I had to invent a new category of celebrity for Drew Lachey. He's not really a celebrity and he's not really kin to an A-list celebrity ala Frank Stallone. Drew is the brother of C-list celebrity Nick Lachey, better known by his former name, Nicky Simpson. Hence the K-list tag for little Drew. He's kin to a C-lister and that qualifies him for competition on DWTS. And therein lies the secret of the show's success--spot-on casting.

Last night Stacey started things out with a sultry Samba and registered the first ever perfect score from the judges. I nearly spit water all over my coffee table when judge Bruno Tonioli declared to Stacey in his Italian accent, "you are a weapon of mass seduction!" I love Bruno's over the top reactions--this guy is worth the price of admission.

Tonight we will find out who will be eliminated. If former NFL great and Hall of Famer Jerry Rice is the one to go, it will leave George Hamilton (pictured above)as the only remaining African American competitor.

Now that I'm out of the closet, I'd like to know what your guilty TV pleasures are. So?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DWTS? Are you serious? And you question me about Calendar Girl and 90210? Unbelievable. Next week you'll be revealing that you can't get enough of Lifetime and WE. All that Dr. Phil a few years ago must have altered your Express for Men jeans. Remember, guys are like Coldplay, its X&Y...not X&X.

There is so shame in my game when it comes down to my favorite tv shows - How I Met Your Mother, Love Monkey, and Without A Trace are all solid. You can throw in NFL Live and Baseball Tonight if we're considering those shows. I love me some Trey Wingo.

Ryan said...

My friend, there is nothing X&X about watching DWTS. Two words: Stacey Keibler. She works for a little company right up the road from you in Stamford.

Todd Richards said...

Ryan... this makes my day. I have not seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars. I NEVER would have pegged you as someone to enjoy ballroom dancing. But you make a solid case for it.

My guilty pleasures... well, I have already confessed on my blog that I am a avid fan of Food TV. Other than that... I am also drawn to just about any MTV show that airs. Guilty is definitely a word to describe that.

Ryan said...

Todd, thanks for sharing your MTV addiction with us. Now get back to updating your blog. I need my T-Rich fix!