Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We should have seen this one coming

Well, for years and years I have been warning people about the inherent dangers of rural parasailing. Sadly, my fears became reality this morning in Robinson, TX when this seemingly innocent father-son outing took a tragic turn.

How many more of our young men have to die for no reason? Can we get Cindy Sheehan to make some noise here? Why hasn't the Bush administration done anything to prevent tractor parasailing despite repeated warnings?

I want answers!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I wonder if just before lift off, the guy shouted to his friends "Hey, watch this". A redneck's last words.

Howell, does increased presense in the blog world mean we can expect your very own blog soon?

Dustin said...

Why in the world are people so proud of Texas??? It's stuff like this that makes us look classy...

Ryan said...

I read another news source's story about this one and the neighbor said this wasn't the first time these guys went Tractor-sailing. I can only deduce that this is a rural underground phenomenon which probably includes secret handshakes, passwords, and various sacred oaths.