Presently in the iPod

  • Wildflowers, Tom Petty
  • Dino, Dean Martin
  • Vs, Pearl Jam
  • Redemption Songs, Jars of Clay
  • Suddenly I Miss Everyone, Explosions in the Sky

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We're Going to Boston!

Beantown, get ready for the Sanfords. Thanks to my amazing wife's personal best time of 3 hours and 38 minutes at the freezing Austin marathon this past Sunday, we are going to Boston in April for the Boston Marathon. Kathy ran strong and long (26.2 miles to those who don't know how insane this is) along with her running partner Becky Parker and they both qualified for the Boston Marathon on April 17, 2006. I smell a visit to Fenway Park for Daddy. Or is that my coworker's lunch I'm smelling? You never know in this office.

I also owe a big chest bump to my man Todd "T-Rich" Richards for his unofficial world-record time of 2 hours and 9 minutes in the half-marathon.

However, as inspiring as Todd, Kathy, and Becky were on Sunday, they were severely upstaged by this deer (scroll down to the offbeat section).

Hopefully Bambi will be staying at home on Patriots Day.

4 comments:

Todd Richards said...

Thanks for the shout-out... I will be signing autographs in Memorial Park on Saturday morning.

Ryan said...

I'll be first in line Todd.

Dustin said...

I can't believe you're going to Fenway, aaaahhhhhh!

Grrrrrr, I mean, good job Kathy, Becky, and T-Rich! We are all very proud of you....

Ryan said...

Chris, I was hoping you would join me on Patriots Day my friend. We were actually thinking about coming to see you guys the weekend before the race if you guys are up for it.